Are you an out of the ordinary Developer looking for an our of the ordinary role?
KMP Digitata are looking for a developer to help us deliver a wide range of cutting edge, award winning digital projects.
We’re KMP Digitata and we need a special someone who can solve problems and gets stuff done; there will be the need to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in with whatever makes the project work. As well as day-to-day coding tasks, there will be a degree of sense checking on behalf of the intended user, peer code reviews and with all this the chance to work with an amazing team of people all working to deliver exciting and vital solutions to our clients’ business challenges.
We’ll be clear here we are looking for an brilliant C# developer to build, develop and maintain C# applications. This could be everything from back-end services to their client-end counterparts. Experience with specific .NET CMS platforms is advantageous but not essential as we intend to provide training for this type of thing. Your primary responsibilities will be to conceive and develop these applications, and to work with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. In this mixed up family, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, user-first design, and delivering a quality product is essential. In return you’ll become a valued part of a small but exceptional team of strategists, designers and developers producing great work for some brilliant clients and get to help shape our studio and have a real impact on our business as we grow and evolve.
This is a wide ranging and incredibly rewarding role that needs a very special person
What you will do
- Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation
- Contribute ideas for improvement to the wider development team
- Ensure client teams are kept up to date with the progress on projects
What we are looking for
- A thorough understanding & experience of ASP.net with the C# language
- Strong knowledge of the MVC pattern for ASP.net
applications from scratch)Ability to spot an opportunity and demonstrate value
- HTML/CSS to a basic/intermediate level
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Skill for writing reusable C# libraries
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008 and above)
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind scalable applications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrable problem solving ability
We'd love it if you had any of these skills too - but they aren't essential
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Sickness Pay
- Contributory health plan
- Free lunch every Thursday
- Bonusly reward scheme
- A fantastic team environment
- Flexible working hours
- Free car parking
KMP Digitata excel at creating and managing user-centric digital experiences that deliver outstanding ROI for our clients. Our recent client work includes Event City, Glasgow Airport, Carrier Travel, Bright Horizons and Spaceslide. We are proud to be recognised for our commitment to innovative, results focused work.
Since our inception we have been at the forefront of cutting edge technology and marketing strategies as well as dedicating ourselves to discovering and nurturing fresh talent, many of which you will find carrying on our ethos within various digital agencies and blue chip companies throughout the North of England.